Álláshirdetés: Postdoc position in Ljubljana, Slovenia
Host: Laboratory of Biophysics, Condensed matter physics Department, Jozef Stefan Institute
Address: Jamova 39, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Formal frame: H2020 SmartNanoTox project
Head of the lab and responsible for the SmartNanoTox project: prof. dr. Janez Štrancar
Short description of work:
- Lifetime analysis with the superresolution microscopy 2PE/STED FLIM
- Exploring the interactions between nanoparticles and cells as well as between light and cells & exploring the accompanying cellular structures changes
- Working with living cells (in vitro experiments)
Starting date: position is open
Ending date: between 2019 and 2020 (duration between 1 and 2 years)
Expected/Desired expertise of the candidate (in the order of relevance/value)
- Ability of doing FLIM
- Ability of doing superresolution or nonlinear imaging (STED / 2pE)
- Molecular biophysics background
- Physical background
- Expertise in working with nanoparticles/cells
- Life science background
Lacking of some expertise can be however substituted by high motivation / internal research drive / attitude to work!
Jozef Stefan Institute provides high-quality research experience with top research infrastructure and highly trained/interdisciplinary teams.
Slovenia provide well-balanced living space, with nice infrastructure, high standard together with outstandingly preserved natural environment and nice people.